I'm baaack

I hope. It's been 4 1/2 months since the auto accident, and a lot of pleasurable things have gone by the wayside as I/we try to deal with the aftermath. The very good news is, Lola's injuries have healed with rest and therapy. No surgery is necessary in the foreseeable future, and she's walking and riding a stationary bike to rebuild her strength and stamina for a return (real soon, we hope) to the full-time world of work

As for me, the impact of my right leg against the steering column of my car tore a meniscus in two places in my right knee, so I'M THE ONE GOING UNDER THE KNIFE. After getting an MRI, our GP and an orthopedic surgeon we consulted agreed that therapy will not repair this injury. So I have arthroscopic surgery scheduled for July 2 here in Vegas, and with luck, I'll be out of action for only a few days. I have been cleared/encouraged to do some weight training and strenghten the calf and quad muscles around the knee, making recovery quicker, so I'm back at the gym. Just can't do any cardio work until the knee is fixed.

Legal action continues, but it'll be a long time before that's all resolved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Newspapers, 1690-2009?